Good Cthulhu in R’lyeh! Convention season is already here…
Last year was my first at Farpoint, and it proved to be an awesome time, relaxed and relatively low-key.
Dammit if we didn’t have to go and mess with things. This time around, Laura and I are both involved in the Science and Podcasting tracks. And in looking at the schedule as I type this, that’s… somewhat of an understatement. To wit, said involvement:
- Podcasters Roundtable (Saturday, 9am, Ridgely 1) and Meet the Brains (Saturday, 9am, Ridgely 2) – Laura, John – The intro panels for both tracks, fighting an epic battle to decide the fate of both audio and science. Or something. We’ll be around.
- Aliens You Will Meet presents: Space Piracy, Yes or No? (Saturday, 1pm, Ridgely 1) – John – This is going to be serious fun. Puppets… weapons… and the most important debate of our time.
- Not What You Believe, But Why (Saturday, 3pm, Ridgely 2) – Laura, John – Self-evident, I think.
- The Mythical Controversy of Vaccines and Autism (Saturday, 5pm, Ridgely 2) – John – Vaccines don’t cause autism, and the myth that they do has had fatal consequences. Need I say more? Well… I will.
- Geeks In The House (Sunday, 9am, Ridgely 2) – Laura, John – I really have no idea. I may need geeky bling.
- What Darwin Did Not Know (Sunday, 10am, Ridgely 2) – John – It’s Darwin Day, don’t you know.
- James Webb Space Telescope (Sunday, 11am, Ridgely 2) – Laura – In which Laura will speak about her orbital death ra- uh, I mean way-cool space telescope!
- Public Space, Private Space (Sunday, 1pm, Ridgely 2) – Laura – In which the merits of these spheres of the space industry will be discussed, and Laura will speak on her orbital death ray. If you’re lucky.
- Dear Doctor: Ask A Brain (Sunday, 3pm, Ridgely 2) – Laura, John – I’d prefer questions be directed to my ear-flesh, as opposed to my brain directly.
- Science and Education (Sunday, 4pm, Ridgely 2) – Laura, John – Also self-evident, I think.