I’m taking a brief break from boards-studying to pass on a couple of imperative announcements. Two excellent audio novels are set to launch this week via podcast – Scott Sigler‘s Noctural, and Mur Lafferty‘s Playing for Keeps.
Nocturnal, Scott Sigler’s latest brutal horror tale, debuts at midnight EST on Halloween. As taken from Scott’s website: “Something lives deep beneath the streets of San Francsico. Something that has been there for centuries, something that comes out at night … to feed on the dregs of society. A sub-culture, with its own myths, its own legends of leader named The King that will lead them out of bondage, and their own demon, a hunting shadow known only as Savior. But the legends of Savior’s brutality have faded, the fear passed into stories told to frighten the young ones. When The King finally appears, just as foretold, the Nocturnals know their time has time — the time to come out from under the streets and hunt humanity in the open.” Nocturnal will be freely distributed in audio form via podcast.
- check out the audio promo for Nocturnal
- for more information, including how to subscribe to the free podcast of Noctural, go to Scott’s website
Following on the heels of that, and arguably saving the best for last, Mur Lafferty‘s brilliant superhero novel Playing for Keeps debuts on November 1. As taken from the official site, Playing for Keeps “tells the story of Keepsie Branson, a bar owner in the shining metropolis of Seventh City: birthplace of super powers. Keepsie and her friends live among egotistical heroes and manipulative villains, and manage to fall directly in the middle as people with powers, but who just aren’t strong enough to make a difference. Or that’s what they’ve been told. As the city begins to melt down, it’s hard to tell who are the good guys and who are the bad.” Playing for Keeps will be freely distributed in both audio and PDF form via podcast.
- check out In A World…, the audio promo for Playing for Keeps (which happens to contain a familiar voice…)
- for more information, including how to subscribe to the free podcast of Playing for Keeps, go to the official Playing for Keeps website
- for up-to-date news on this and Mur’s other projects, be sure to visit her official website