Listen here for opining on the relevance (or not) of the above.
While the primary action in the Dresden Files universe takes place in Chicago (which is fleshed out in the second book, Our World), the authors saw fit to include 30+ pages adapting the namesake city of Cecil Calvert, the Second Baron of Baltimore, into location for the game. Some particular locations of amusement:
- National Aquarium – Theme: Tourist Magnet; liner notes: ‘This whole facility screams “fight scene”.’
- Johns Hopkins Hospital – Theme: Knowledge Is Power; highlighted text: ‘PC’s can find respite here, provided their insurance cards are up to date’, liner note response: ‘Injuries you get in my line of work aren’t usually covered anyway.’
- Francis Scott Key Bridge – Other Aspect: Sweet Merciful gods This Is A Tall Bridge; liner notes: ‘Darian, you had fight scenes in mind with this, didn’t you?’
Man, I was aiming to get my Pathfinder campaign off the ground next, but, hmmm…
I will watch anything involving a performance by Liam Neeson, regardless of it’s apparent richness in, or lack of, quality.
That noted, I will certainly need to judge for myself.
Dear Communications Director,
You appear to be consistently making an error whereby you are conflating a person’s winning an oddly-ruled popularity contest with said person being judged to be fit to do their job. Arguably, this brings your own fitness into serious question.
Dan hosted me on Roughly Speaking to decode the results of his lab testing that he recently had done by his primary care physician. That’s a bit of a brave thing on his part, although it helps that he’s in the peak of health, blood-work wise.
Listen here for my jealously over his cholesterol levels, and other goodness.
It was the night before Hogswatch,
and all in the flat,
not a creature was stirring,
not even a cat.
The stockings were hung
by the chimney with care
with hopes that the Hogfather
soon would be there.
The kitties were nestled
all snug in their beds
while visions of catnip
danced in their heads.
Then Laura did wish
with great gusto for tea
and with a *galingalingaling*
brought forth her Tea Faerie.
Hey, I still have a blog!
Today at Balticon, I will be involved in the following discussions:
- It’s A Pandemic! at 10:30am – panel on pandemics & how they are successfully (or not) translated into games & media, such as the board game Pandemic. Since this is on the Gaming track, it will be immediately followed by a bunch of people playing… yes, Pandemic. Greatness, this.
- Quantum Dots: The Medical Applications at 2pm
- Attack of the Flying Syringes at 4pm – everything you wanted to know about mosquito-borne viruses, and yes, we will be talking Zika